Saturday, January 17, 2009


TAYLOR JANE~
Well she is here folks...and geez I can't believe how much pressure I have been under
( mostly from myself) to post a blog and some pics... so now that I can sit for longer than two minutes without my inflatable donut, which by the way saved me for the last two weeks, and I am down to my last percocet, which also saved me for the last two weeks, what a better time to blog.
I felt it was better to wait till the post pregnancy hormones dissipated a little because I found myself doing something similar to "drunk dialing" the last two weeks where I would just randomly call a friend or sister-in -law (Janice) and start bawling about who knows what. Janice was the victim of these outbursts a few times and I thank her for calming me down and telling me I was not responsible for anything I said during this hormonal overload!

Anyway, I am already too tired to write another sentence so here are some HIGH and LOW lights from the first two-weeks post baby!!

*high... My awesome Mom who saved my butt by being here the first week home and well... enough said... saved my butt!!!

*low... Uterus shrinking pains... (too much information?)

*high...the wonderful meals and visits from friends and neighbors

*low... TUCKS (need I say more)

*high... Camryn dressing in onesies and other outfits for the baby... (also dressing herself for school.) Neglect in rare form!

*high... My awesome nieces Lyndsi and Bree for helping me out so much with Camryn!

*high (and low) My husband, who decided he was meant to be a lactation specialist attempting to show me how to get a good "latch" and suggesting the "football hold" from all the "reading" he'd been doing on breastfeeding. Annoying. Endearing.

*low... middle of the night feedings

*high... middle of the night feedings

Although I still feel like I am in some sort of twilight zone and I wonder how people survive with more than two kids, I am so overwhelmed with love and gratitude for this little baby who has already brought so much peace and love into our home. It is definitely a new adventure for us and I hope I can remember to relish each moment because I know how fast it goes by.


Camryn capitalized on my new distraction and dressed herself for school... DCFS should be calling any day now!









12 comments:

megan thomas said...

Wow, I think I am commenting like 2 seconds after you posted. See, I've just been waiting and waiting. Oh, Taylor is so beautiful and I love Camryns jersey. I'm sure in no time at all you'll be close to my size again!

Camee said...

She's beautiful! I am so excited to finally see pictures of her. My favorite part of the post however has to be your personal lactation specialist...gotta love Bry, he always makes me laugh.

steph said...

She is SOOO beautiful! Congrats!

*J*E*N* said...

CONGRATULATIONS Janalyn, she is a doll!!!! Isn't it just insane the amount of emotions you can go through in a hour period:) I love the "football hold" advice from the hubby!ps-Im typing this with one hand while nursing (you'll get there)

Jen said...

She is so adorable! You guys make beautiful little ladies ;)

Jessica Knowles said...

she is darling and yea for drugs I'm glad your feeling better and I can't wait to see her! Let me know when your up for visitors!

Janie said...

I love it! And I love you guys! And no worries about the "drunk dialing" phone calls. I recorded them for posterity and have only sent them to a few hundred people (jk!) You're awesome and you'll get through this in one piece - we all do, somehow or another. Someday soon, you'll be counseling some other poor new mom and secretly thanking your lucky stars that, at least for now, you're not the new mom being counseled! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your new little addition to your family - Taylor is absolutely adorable. Hang in there - you will feel better soon.

Mike said...

SOO cute jani!! We can't wait to meet her. We'll be up for her blessing in a couple weeks!

Holly O. said...

She is a beaut!! I posted a few pictures on my photo blog for you too. Thanks for visiting me yesterday.

linnywho said...

Now you have 2 beautiful little princesses...and Camryn with her cute lil personality...congrats! I was so laughing at your highs and lows and "drunk calls"...that was totally me to a T. You capture it all so well. One day you will forget the lows (until you read it in blog form!)...
Love ya, Linh

Anonymous said...

get those knickers down show me your sweet little pu--y