Monday, February 2, 2009

DESPERATION!!



After countless hours researching on the internet, perusing countless "Parenting" magazines, and many conversations with other moms, I have finally found the trick to get Camryn to sleep in her own bed. I tried to steer clear of the whole 'bribing' thing, and to be honest, before this new baby came into our world, I didn't mind her sleeping with us... in fact I even started enjoying our little cuddle sessions at night and her warm little body next to me. Nevertheless, we were warned. Everyone told us we would regret this habit when the baby came... and well they were all right, so there you go all of you who forewarned us, go ahead and say it... "I TOLD YOU SO!"
One of Camryn's most endearing traits is also her the root of this problem... her creative imagination. She is convinced there is a wicked stepmother and an evil queen living in her closet and we have tried everything to get rid of them her including sprays, spells, and even trying to convince her that they are 'really just nice little old ladies.' Well if you have seen "Sleeping Beauty" or "Cinderella" there is no way anyone, even a three year old would buy that philosophy!
Anyway, I don't know how I didn't think of this idea, knowing how much Camryn loves presents, but a good friend of mine suggested a 'present basket' that sits outside her door and each morning she gets to open one if she stays in her bed. We took her to the dollar store and let her pick out some toys and I wrapped them up and WALA!! That was all it took!
While I am very happy that she is on a decent routine and feeling safe in her room, I have to admit...
I miss the cuddles.

Photobucket

4 comments:

Holly O. said...

I'm so going to try that one!!!

Faeth said...

Absolutely priceless! I love it!

Camee said...

I am all for bribery!!! Call me when you have a second to talk. I have a couple questions for you.

megan thomas said...

oh my gosh, that is fabulous. You should try that on Taylor. Tell her if she sleeps through the night and stops being so selfish...she too can have a gift basket. And why isn't someone doing this for us?