Wednesday, September 3, 2008

A fish Story...










Today Camryn and I met Bry up Provo Canyon for a little picnic/fishing. I forgot how incredibly beautiful it is this time of year up here, especially in the canyons and it confirmed to me the advent of fall is my favorite time of year. Too bad it only lasts a month and then the second I am putting on snow boots and a scarf to go get the mail, I will be remembering mid-July as my favorite time of year!!
Anyway, we sat there for about an hour on the bank of the river and watched Camryn fish with her pink Dora fishing pole and when she would start to shake the pole we would ask her what she was doing and she responded, "just trying to catch a fish!!" So... cute!
(This is the third time this summer we have fished with her and have had no success. It is almost more disappointing watching how bummed out Bry gets over not being able to catch a fish for her.) Finally, Bry had to leave and get back to work, so Camryn and I lingered a bit longer and within five minutes of him leaving, Camryn started screaming..."Mommy I got a fish, I got a fish!!" Sure enough she had caught a pretty decent size-who knows what-kind of fish and
there I was alone and completely clueless as what to do. I called Bry and he tried to walk me through the 'de-hooking' process and it was just too gross, so fortunately this cute little elderly man saw our struggle and me yelling into the phone and approached us and took the pliers out of my hand and the hook out of the fish and off he went!

It was quite the day for us and to be honest I was a little disappointed in myself. I mean really, I couldn't touch a fish? Hopefully I am never put in a position where something bigger than a fish needs me to save its' life!!










Photobucket

4 comments:

Lyndsi said...

I love that Camryn caught a fish. Kenna would be so jealous. I also love that you had your camera ready when that guy came to help you! Go Camryn.

PS. Brent would also be jealous knowing that Camryn caught a fish and he hasn't all season!

*J*E*N* said...

Welcome back to the blogging world-I missed you!!! Congratulations, another girl how fun!!!!! I will possibly be in town over Thanksgiving and for sure over Xmas but unfortunately not sooner because I am about to pop in less than a month :)!!!! I would love to do your pics at these times just keep in touch.
ps- I don't think I could touch a slimy fish either!

Jessica Knowles said...

Janalyn you just make me laugh. You are just so funny. I can't wait to take Jada fishing I bet you just had a wonderful time.

Shayne said...

It is better that you said you did not touch the fish. If you said you had touched a live fish I would have had to call you a liar again. I am still mad that you told me you served a mission in Brasil. Nice try.