Monday, September 1, 2008

Katie Holmes...Class of '93?





So I attended my 15-year class reunion this weekend in St. George and as I was searching the web to find a picture that would represent my high school years of 1990- 1993 turns out I didn't have to search far at all... Katie Holmes (pictured here in recent weeks) obviously shares my love and longing for 90's fashion. She is attempting to bring back the pegged leg jean.

Either that or she believes has reached the unattainable level of stardom where she can wear anything (ridiculous as it may be) that she wants, and it will in turn become the new trend. I have to admit I have my doubts on this one, although two years ago I swore the skinny jean would never succeed at a comeback!

Anyway, the reunion, which I seriously contemplated not attending due to reasons of pure pride and vanity (being five months pregnant, with a double chin and unable to fit into anything without an elastic waistband) ended up being very fun! Bry and I sat at a table with some of my best friends growing up, and we laughed the whole night reminiscing about all the dumb stuff we did. Which by the way brought back way too many memories of sneaking out of our houses!
I am tempted to write about a couple of 'sneakout' stories because they are so... funny, but since they were pretty painfully embarrassing at the time, (Amber and Ranz's kiss) I will refrain!!
All I know is this... my girls will bars on their window when they turn 15!

5 comments:

Camee said...

Yay! I was happy to see something from you again. I love your ability to take whatever is happening in Hollywood and apply it to your life. It makes me laugh. I miss you not being around every day. And by the way your blog looks great!

drama said...

Wow Jani 15 years huh? You are so old. JK!! We need to come up and see your new place!

Randilyn said...

Janz,

If your girls are anything like you were you better think about putting bars on the window a little earlier than age 15. The "kiss" comment, what's up with that and using names. Your DEAD!! Do you think I could get in trouble for using the "Your DEAD" comment on a blog. Your blog is cute. Too bad I'm not a bloger

The Miller's said...

oh the memories!!! janz and ranz!! my boys will have fun chasing your girls. great blog!! will you take my kids to Disneyland?

Anonymous said...

Hi Janalyn! It's Jen (Hinton) Bacher. Wow I was so excited to hear from you. I would love to see you again, even if you are prego! I live in Sandy and I can't beleive we have lived so close for all this time and never knew. Your daughter is darling, congrats on pregnancy #2! Hearing about your reunion makes me want to have been there. Do you remember how inseperable we were growing up? I would absolutely love to catch up. E-mail me: jenniferbacher@hotmail.com