Tuesday, April 15, 2008

a little less Martha...

Tonight for our Young Women's activity, we took the girls to the temple visitor center to see a sculpture exhibition called "The Healing Power of Jesus Christ" by artist Angela Johnson. It is a traveling exhibition and will only be here for a few more weeks so I am encouraging everybody out there who lives here to Pleeeeeese go see this because it is absolutely incredible. I have never seen sculptures of Christ like this. The life size sculpture of Him is so powerful and as I stood in front of it, well, I can't even describe the feeling. http://www.ajsculptures.com/
The one piece in particular that really moved me was the one depicting the story of Christ visiting Mary and Martha. As many times as I have heard this parable, it has never seemed so real and so applicable as it did tonight. I stood there looking at the sculpture of these two women, Martha working as Mary sits at Christ's feet and listened to the sister missionary tell the story of where each woman placed importance in serving Christ. I reflected on my day and well, quite honestly most days I am definitely more like Martha. I just constantly feel like I am playing catch up or trying to finish or start some project and ahhhhh it never ends. Any Mary's out there? How do you do it!

No comments: