So it has definitely been a 'self-help' book month for me. I have been on the hunt for any type of 'quick fix' to manage my stress and anxiety and as a result have about four of these books sitting on my nightstand. Every night for the last few weeks I attempt a chapter or two from each book...trying to stay awake long enough to find that magic insight that will immediately transform me into a layed back, go with the flow kinda gal. (instead I usually end up zoning out and playing brick-breaker on my phone until I am zonked!) My friend Stacy even gave me the audio cd called "You can Heal Your life " which I have been trying to listen to in my car as I run errands each day. Ironically on my way to Walmart the other day I was intent on tuning out the world and focusing on the C.D. and well, you know, 'healing my life' in my 8 minute drive when Camryn started whining to watch Dora, and well the battle began... me turning up the volume on my self- help CD and Camryn screaming for Dora. It all ended up quite ugly in the parking lot of Walmart with me yelling (yes, at my two year old) "Can't you see, Mommy is trying to heal her life!!!!!!"
Well it turns out I don't need a book. I found my cure. Girls Night Out. Now I have always been a fan of GNO, and I participate frequently, but this last week I realized just how therapeutic it can really be. I went with a couple of my friends to Twenty five Main, which by the way if you haven't been there...GO! It is about time St. George got a quaint little place like this with not only the most delicious cupcakes I have ever tasted, but the perfect GNO atmosphere that is perfectly conducive for therapeutic girl talk. Anyway, I owe it to the three cupcakes I devoured that night as well as two wonderful and uplifting friends, that I am taking a break from any self-help materials!!
This is pretty funny...the very next day I took Camryn back with me to Twenty Five Main to get some lunch and a cupcake and in walked one of my friends whom I was there with the night before with her kids. We were laughing at how funny it was that we both had the same idea when in walked our other friend with her kids who had also been there with us! None of us had planned on meeting and it was so hilarious! We just laughed and of course devoured more cupcakes!
Sunday, April 20, 2008
Cupcake Therapy!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Cupcakes are totally the way to go! Have you tried the raspberry frosting on the white cupcake?! YUMMY!
Post a Comment