So yesterday marked two Sundays in a row that we have gone to Zion National Park for the day and I think that makes me an official 'granola girl'. I even...dare I say it...yes HIKED a little bit and kinda...didn't hate it! I actually think the last time I went hiking was in Zions for my 5th grade field trip.Okay, I might be exaggerating on that, but hey, it is no secret that I am not the most 'outdoorsy' chic around.
Anyway my point is that I am 32 years old and have just discovered what they mean by that whole "becoming one with nature" and "peace in the outdoors" thing. Just the shuttle ride alone up the canyon was comparable to a day at the spa for me. I completely tuned out all the chaos that I create in my head and truly just felt peace. I think I even had... "a moment" or two. Bry kept telling me that he hadn't seen me that "chilled out" (which is his code phrase for 'nice') in awhile...which was probably the imputus for driving me back up there a week later! And all this time I thought all those "granola people" or "tree-huggers " were kinda boring...turns out they are the ones that actually 'get it!'
So now that I have this new affinity for the outdoors I am committing to change my habits in the way I de-stress. No more 'on-line shopping' or walking around Target for me...I am a new woman. I am strong. I find solitude in the simplicity of nature.
That is of course unless Nordstrom is having a sale!

Here we are with our friends, the Heizers, our outdoor gurus! They had all sorts of cool hiking backpacks, kid packs and cool hiking apparel! Camryn freaked out cause she didn't have a backpack like little Alex, so Rick made her a make shift pack from their green 'environmentally friendly' grocery bag they had in their car! She wore it the entire hike and I almost made her carry her own poopy pull-up in it on the way down from the hike, but I was reminded that it was a 're-usable' grocery bag so that would be pretty gross!
Monday, April 7, 2008
*Going all granola.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Imputus eh!? You really have become one with nature! hahaha... I may have to take Brent up there to see if he will relax!!!
Post a Comment