This past weekend Camryn and I went to Salt Lake with my mom and sisters and all the girl cousins to Salt Lake for the 'Disney Princesses on Ice' show. So I must admit that leading up to this little getaway... I had become slightly 'princessed out'. As some of you know, Camryn is in love with, no she is completely obsessed with princesses. It all started about two months ago when she was given a 'snow white' dress-up from her cousins Kate and Annie who have since outgrown this oh so precious phase. The first week of this dress-up phase was a blast. She would eat, sleep, and drink (literally) in this dress and I mean with the whole getup...plastic red heels and all and I absolutely ate it up! Well this cute phase slowly evolved into a daily brawl with Camryn and myself as I would try and pry the slightly stinky and tattered dress off her body so she could wear the cute, real clothes I had been so excited to have her wear. It doesn't just end with the dress either. If we pass anything in a store that even remotely resembles a princess, a full tantrum follows. It gets worse. A few weeks ago, my mom bought her one of those silky, cheesy little mermaid nightgowns and Snow White has now been officially 'dumped' for the Little Nernaid, as she calls it and now she wants to wear the nightgown all day long!
I must say though... even after a couple of weeks of very negative feelings towards all disney princessess, the look on her face when Snow White came out on the ice made it all well worth it!









1 comment:
Well, I am TOTALLY jealous of Camryn and her obsession with princesses. One only has to think of me here in a house full of boys ruled completely by football, soccer, Power Rangers, Star Wars, etc... When we were decorating our media room and the boys were picking out movie posters, that's when I put my foot down. If they were going to get all those "BOY" pics I had the last say (and the credit card) to at least purchase a picture of Keifer Sutherland in 24. (I am in love w/that show). At any rate I think Camryn is completely adoreable at just wait till you have to give in to the light up shoes. I detested those things, but soon found myself the mother of a boy with tonka light ups. Enjoy! they grow way too fast. Love the blog!!!
Post a Comment