Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Do-do-do-do....Dora?


Okay, so I remember in my 'pre-kids' days and what an idiot I was. I remember going to lunch and listening to my friends (who had kids) discussing all the different 'kid shows' or singing theme songs to cartoons and thinking to myself that would never be me. I would never allow myself to get to a point where the majority of conversations during my day would revolve around 'kid stuff'. Well, here I am a few years later and I want to know... WHAT THE *&*% HAPPENED TO DORA!!

Today, the new and apparently 'improved' Dora was unveiled on the news, yes, the news! She is supposed to be a 'tween' now, around ten-years-old. Now I will agree, she is pretty cute and obviously not going through the 'awkward' phase, that most tweens do, but WHY?!! Mickey mouse never aged, Sleeping Beauty never aged, so what is the purpose behind this new Dora who looks nothing like an "Explorer". No backpack, no map, no clothes conducive to doing all the cool stuff that the Dora we have come to know and love does! Now she looks more like one of the 'Bratz' dolls that look like little divas and are the antithesis of what we want our little girls to grow up to be.

Ok. I am done, just needed to vent about this major travesty and now I am off to do more 'adult', and less juvenile things... like write my complaint letter to Nickelodeon !!!
Photobucket src="http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn29/janieluvsu2/trishjones_crushbubbles_boarder2.png" border=0>

6 comments:

Mindy said...

You crack me up!...

Love reading your blog!
Mindy

Lyndsi said...

LAME-O.... what three year old is going to be into a Dora with long hair and a colorful shirt?! This sucks.

Lyndsi said...

PS... What is going to happen to Boots?! Did he turn into a gorilla?

Anonymous said...

Hey I hear there is a big red stop sign in St. George that is giving you problems - ha ha

Your family is so dang cute!! Hope you don't mind that I blog stalk you!

Hope all is well.

Tara said...

That is crazy! Little girls won't even know who the heck she is. I hope that baby is doing better. You let us know what we can do to help!!!

*J*E*N* said...

I did not know about this news! ABSOLUTELY ridiculous!