Tuesday, December 2, 2008

THANKSGIVING 2008

As much as I hated to post this picture...(you know an 8th month pregnant woman holding an enormous stuffed turkey can never be flattering) I just couldn't refrain from plain old bragging about the one productive thing I did over the holiday in St. George... my turkey.


Of course I can't take all the credit... the beautiful blonde next to me and my dearest friend Stacy taught me all I know about the preparation of this delicious turkey that I have made the last three years for Thanksgiving. One can only appreciate the feat of this turkey by understanding my lack of culinary skills growing up and even until I got married. Most of my high school friends, mission companions and college roomies can attest to this. However, since I was blessed with Stacy in my life about 5 years ago, she has not only been my own personal Martha Stewart... the girl can seriously do just about anything and make it beautiful, but she has been the greatest example to me of selflessness, patience, unconditional love and kindness. Even during the very difficult times of her life she will her put own pain aside and help anyone in need. I have witnessed her countless acts of kindness, that she just views as 'being a good friend' countless times and many times, I have been the recipient, like this weekend in St. George, when I had not an ounce of energy to do anything, let alone prepare a turkey and pies for my family, she saved me and helped me get it done.


I am grateful for so many things this holiday season, but especially those people in my life who are just so much a part of my life and day to day living and spirtual and emotional survival that I almost take advantage of them being there.




Photobucket

3 comments:

Lyndsi said...

Check your e-mail and you can post your finished turkey! It was DELISH! Thank you for taking the time out to make it for us.

megan thomas said...

Way to hide behind the turkey! That is the biggest turkey I've ever seen. Why can't we all have Stacy as a best friend. She really is amazing. Oh yes, my tree was up the day after Halloween. It takes so long to get things up, why not enjoy it. Really, it's because my depression takes over when the temp reaches below 50 degrees, so my Celexa goes up as well as the tree this time of year!

*J*E*N* said...

I love her too:) Im proud of you and your turkey, although you need to show your belly!!!