No Place Like Home...
Nothing could have made me appreciate this time of year more in my quaint, unglamorous, little Draper life than spending three days in LAS VEGAS. Bry had a business meeting there this weekend and spouses were invited as well, so we decided to capitalize on a little weekend getaway, dropped Camryn off in St. George with my family, and fled to sin city. I will admit, I was very excited to go. There is something about visiting Vegas that I love. I know, I know, it is replete with immorality and filth, but even just people watching there makes you feel like you yourself are living on the edge! I was looking forward to the fact that even if it were only for three days, I would get to dress up at night, have someone bring me room service, and be something other than a mom and housewife who has been wearing Bryan's sweats for the last week because they are the only thing that will fit around my growing pregnant belly.
Well... at least I got the room service. It went kinda downhill from there. Saturday night was the big night. Everyone would get decked out (which for me was my new really hot maternity jeans, heels and a new shirt from Target) regardless, I was feeling pretty dang hot. We would meet everyone for dinner and then go see 'Mystere' at Treasure Island. I was running a little late for dinner (which was in the hotel) so I told Bry to go ahead and I would be there shortly.
This only added to the excitement of my evening, kinda like my own little grand entrance, cause remember, I was looking hot. Well, my bubble was slowly deflated on the elevator ride down which I shared with a drunk guy and his scantily clad girlfriend who staring at my bulging belly said, "Wow it must really suck to be pregnant in Vegas!" I just gave a courtesy laugh, but really wanted to smack them both!
Anyway, to make a long story short, by the time we got to 'Mystere' my feet were so swollen that I had to take my heels off and attempted to subtly place my feet on the chair in front of me (which the guy sitting there did not find funny) and by the middle of the show they were two sizes bigger than an hour before and I was miserable. We left about halfway through, Bryan carrying my shoes, and later, carrying me to the cab. So much for my glamorous night and escaping my reality. Bry and I ended up laughing about it on the way home and I couldn't get there fast enough...back to the life I occasionally complain about, but that I wouldn't trade anything for!
Last night after a day of recovery from Vegas...I was reminded of how much I truly love where I live, the beautiful fall atmoshpere, and small town fall festivals! Here are some pics of us at the Scarecrow Festival.



No Place Like Home...





3 comments:
Okay, you are so hilarious! Your posts always make me laugh!!! You don't even look pregnant in your scarecrow festival pics. I've been meaning to get back with you about the vest you commented on in my blog---it is a mens small from Columbia outlet in Oregon, and no, it doesn't fit around a pregnant belly!! I too had nothing that fits in the cold weather...for your sake, I hope this warm fall weather continues!
That is so dang funny about your feet! I can't even imagine. Glad you made it home OK and we are even more glad that your little one could stay with us! She is SO HILARIOUS!
Oh, I have had a time or two in Vegas with swollen feet. For some reason it's always Brians fault. His famous line is "We can walk to our Hotel, it's not very far." Oh yes it is far, it's far even if you are at the Hotel you are staying in. It's about 25 miles from the lobby to your room.
Sometimes a little tiny motel 6 never looked so good!
April
Post a Comment