Yes it is true, we are suffering in our house from the post vacation blues... In fact, we got home Sunday night and it is now Tuesday and I still have not left the house other than to go to the grocery store. I keep walking by the laundry room and staring at the still unpacked suitcases and tell myself that I will get to it tomorrow... you know, when I have sufficiently rested my mind and body from the rigorous car trip and the eight Winchells donuts I devoured over the last four days. Poor Camryn is still wearing her "Belle" dress we bought her in Disneyland and keeps telling me she wants to go to Disneyland today and I am having no luck convincing her that watching 'Dora' is just as fun. Go figure.
People, mostly moms, kept telling me how jealous they were when I told them we were going on a family trip to Disneyland and I kept thinking that was a little odd, I mean I have been to Disneyland before (when I was 6) and sure it is fun, but it's not as enviable as Hawaii, or a Mexican cruise or something like that which involves a beach, yummy food, and no crowds. On top of that we were making the 10 hour trip by car since Bry had to stop and work a day in St. George. Well within 20 seconds of walking through the theme park gates I got it. The look on Camryn's face when she saw the castle as soon as we walked in was priceless!! Bry and I kept looking at each other like, "Is this for real? Is she really this cute?"
There is a quote above the entrance at Disneyland that says, "WHERE WE MEET OLD FRIENDS FOR THE VERY FIRST TIME" This quote embodied every experience we had over the next two days. Every time she saw one of the princesses, it was like she had known them forever and she would run to them without any fear or embarrasment and give them hugs and sing them her princess songs. Priceless...absolutely priceless. Bry and I found ourselves waiting in line after line for her to meet princesses and at one point he looked at me and said, "This is better than any ride I could be on right now". I had just as much fun watching Bry as I did Camryn, he was enchanted with her the whole time, and to put it simply....he totally got suckered in!! She wanted a Belle dress so badly and so he took her into one of the princess stores and let her dump out her purse with her money she had saved for the trip ($1.25) and he came out of the store with two bags full of a whole bunch of princess accessories and a look of absolute defeat on his face as he showed me the receipt for $101.00.... I just laughed!
Anyway, it was a fantastic trip full of memories that will be etched in our brains forever. We already spent an hour last night watching the footage of Camryn dancing with the princesses...
And now it's back to real life, laundry and no magic wands to do any of it for me!
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
PDDD (Post Disneyland Depression Disorder)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
It's too bad that you don't have a magic wand to do all the unpacking! That would be amazing! I'm glad you guys had so much fun!
oh Disneyland. I can't wait to take my girls there. I didn't see any pictures with your mickey mouse ears though. Ok Camryn...seriously adorable. My girls would be scared to death to talk to the princesses. She does look so much like Bry. Do not tell him I said that, we don't need that going to his head! But don't worry, Im sure she got all her dance moves and singing skills from you sister!
Post a Comment