This past weekend my dad and step-mom came up from St.George to go to the U of U football game with me and Bry and it was one of those experiences I need to post, simply so I don't forget it. There is something about the ambience of a fall college football game that just makes me so happy, and being in the company of the two men I love most in this world...my husband and my dad made it perfect. I know it might sound like I am being a little over-the -top mushy about the whole thing, I mean really, what woman gets choked up at a football game. I am also very cognizant that I am pregnant and cry at least three times a day, but as my parents get older, I can't help but want every moment with them to last just a little longer. The funny thing is, my dad isn't the most talkative or expressive man, but as I stood outside Camryn's room late last night and listened to my sweet, 72 year old dad read "Fancy Nancy" to my two-year-old (who worships him), not just once, but five or six times until she was asleep, I was overwhelmed with emotion and sadness at the same time because I knew she wouldn't remember it.
As I raise this little girl, and at the same time realize I am not one any more, I have a whole new love and appreciation for my parents, who I no longer blame for any of my quirks or 'issues',
but just love the people they have become, the lessons they have learned, and for truly 'getting it' and just living and loving their kids and grandkids.
Sunday, September 7, 2008
...weekend to remember
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
All this at a Ute game? How could you have these great feelings with all those guys kissing each other in the stands?
Now I am crying!!!!!
Janalyn, That was the sweetest post. Seriously, now you have me in tears!
It's hard getting older and realizing that our parents won't be around forever. that weekend was priceless.
April
Post a Comment