Tuesday, May 6, 2008

A"Big" relief!!

I have intentionally resisted posting about this particular upcoming event because, well quite frankly of what people (like my mom) would think of my fondness...no, absolute love of...ok, here it goes, I am just going to say it...can I even say this on a blog? ---"Sex and the City"

Okay, there it is... that wasn't so bad, of course it will be when I am laying in bed tonight regretting my decision to discuss this, but oh well! I truly loved this series and trust me I know how controversial and frankly raunchy it could be and I won't even attempt to explain that I liked it because of the incredible writing and the brilliance of each of the characters ...nope, it was just, to say the least, a GUILTY pleasure of mine. In fact, when the series ended, as sad as I was, I was also relieved to have the temptation gone. Well, it is back on May 30th on the big screen and I am not going to pretend that I won't go because I will... and I can't wait.

For those fellow SATC sinners, I mean viewers out there you may have heard some of the rumors that Mr. Big dies in the film. This news was very upsetting and I am sorry but seriously after all that Carrie had to go through to finally get this guy and they want to kill him off? Well, after a very long day today and a temper tantrum at the park (not by me, but Camryn) I was restored to a state of joy and peace to hear on the news (yes, CNN) that the director of the film came out today and set the record straight that Mr. Big will not die in the show.

I know for some it's small...it is not world peace or the end of poverty, but for this stay-at-home,tired,child restraining mom...it's a 'Big' thing!

5 comments:

megan thomas said...

oh honey! I am right there with you. Sometimes, its the only thing that gets me through the day. Me and some of my friends (who actually admit and are proud to watch the show) have our tickets purchased and the whole day planned just for such a glorious occasion. I am not ashamed or afraid. Bring it on sister!

Shayne said...

Is BIG his real name? Where did he get a name like that? Do tell.

Janalyn said...

In the episode where Big's character is introduced,all the girls are at a nightclub and Samantha(the naughty one) points him out to Carrie (Sarah Jessica Parker) and says, "You see that guy over there...well he is the next Donald Trump, only younger and better looking" Then as Samantha was walking over to pick up on him, Carrie's voice over narraration says, "And with that, Samantha was off to take her best shot with Mr. Big" From then on he was referred to as Big. His name isn't revealed until the very last episode. Hey, you asked!

Unknown said...

Should I even admit that I have NEVER even seen a single episode?
minz

Shala said...

Hi Janalyn, this is Shala Johnson. Hope you don't mind me peeking at your blog. I know this is an old blog but since I am a fan....
You probably would never have guessed that I am a HUGE SexInTheCity fan! I remember back in 2004 sitting on my couch with my sister in law watching the DVD's when they finally came out. I was CRAZY for the characters! I swear it made my S-- life soooo much better just watching this stuff.(crap, hopefully it is not consideredt P-rn). Anywho, I took this same sister in law to the premier at The District in South Jordan and we loved every minute of it. So So FUNNY! The part I loved the best was when Charlotte was in Mexico with the girls and she had major stomach issues. I could not stop laughing.