Monday, April 28, 2008

Is it really over?

Well I arrived home safely last night from our second annual Half Marathon girls trip. (okay, so we really only ran the 9 miler this year, but still...) Anyway, we started this 'excuse for a girls trip' last year and went to Santa Cruz for the half marathon there. Not being a runner in any sense of the word, it was quite the challenge for me last year to prepare for the run, let alone to enjoy it, but surprisingly I ended up really loving it and found a huge amount of satisfaction in completing the 13.2 mile race! This time we decided to try the Big Sur race in Carmel, CA and I think we will find ourselves there again next year...it was BEAUTIFUL!! The scenery was so spectacular that I found myself resembling an asian tourist whom I usually mock for taking pictures of everything in sight! Even more than the shopping, spa visit and actually being able to sit in a restaurant other than Fazolis and engage in an adult conversation, I love girls trips because we can be just that... girls.
They bring that fun, silly side out that in the day to day life of being a stay -at -home mom doesn't quite do. Even though we spent much of our time driving around aimlessly in our awesome chrysler mini-van rental, we still had a blast.

I have to hand it to Bry for surviving three days with Camryn, with the help of grandma and Aunt Janice. Besides the fact that she didn't get a bath for three days and was still wearing the five bandaids on her leg that she had on when I left, she was happy and healthy when I got back. Good job babe!

3 comments:

Katy said...

Dude - when were you going to tell me you had a blog. I found it on my own luckily.

Janalyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katy said...

Oh yeah - I forgot about that. Forgive me please.

Corn? I don't remember eating corn.

Come on, that made you smile...