Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Birthday brat!


Well the big '33rd' birthday came and left and I think this is the first time I really didn't want to admit how old I was when asked. I think I might even be suffering from post b-day blues. See, I am kind of brat when it comes to my birthday and poor Bryan, after 5 years of marriage has felt the pressure when it comes to meeting my birthday 'expectations'. We are pretty different in this area, he absolutely hates any sort of attention on his birthday and the thought of having people focus their attention on him for 15 seconds to sing "Happy Birthday" sends him over the edge! When I turned 30 I was convinced he was throwing me a huge surprise party, heck I even gave him a list of people to invite...I know, pretty presumptive huh?! Well half way through dinner at the restaurant I said to him, "There's nobody else here is there? Nobody else is coming." Poor guy had planned a wonderful evening out with just the two of us for my birthday and I ended up pouting over the lack of 'hugeness' of the celebration. So anyway I know I am ridiculous and the first to admit this childish behavior and to be honest I thought I had grown past it but yesterday the ugly birthday brat monster reared its head once again. The day started out great, my family surprised me at lunch at 25 main and most of the people on my birthday call checklist did indeed call, my gap order arrived, and I was having a good hair day! Bry had told me we had dinner reservations at 6:00 and had apologized profusely that it was just going to be the two of us for dinner but that he was sure my close girlfriends, who strangely enough hadn't called me all day, would take me out later in the week. So I truly was sooo... surprised when we walked into pizza factory and my friends and their spouses were there! After I got over feeling really dumb for how bratty I had been acting, I had so much fun and Bryan was beaming with pride that he had pulled it off!! Pressure is off babe... at least until I turn 35!!

4 comments:

Katy said...

Sorry I didn't call. Happy Birthday - do you think we should rekindle our friendship a bit?

Shayne said...

Dude, ktb is a stalk........er. Janz, did you know I am only 34. You are practically as old as I am, that is frickin old.

Katy said...

Hey Shayne - you wish.

Although I did do a bit of stalking when I found out this guy moved in across the hall.

Unknown said...

HAPPY BELATED B-DAY CUZ!

So sorry I was a loser friend and didn't call. I'm kinda dreading my own 33rd next week. It's depressing b/c I can remember when my own mom was our age! Yikes! (thank goodness for Botox!!! and plastic surgeons!)

Keep smiling and have Bryan bring you to Dallas for a weekend! Camryn and Braxton would have soooo much fun together and we could hit Neiman Marcus and the shops at the Galleria.... lots of fun awaits.

Have a great day!
Minz